Barnala railway station
|Location||Sadar Bazar, Barnala, Barnala district, Punjab|
|Elevation||228.86 metres (750.9 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Disabled access||Wheelchair ramp|
Barnala (station code: BNN) was a railway station located in Barnala district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Barnala city which was the administrative headquarter of the district. Barnala station fell under Ambala railway division of Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
Barnala railway station was located at an elevation of 229 metres (751 ft). This station was located on the single track, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge, Dhuri–Bathinda section of Bathinda–Rajpura line.
Barnala railway station was situated on single track electrified line. There were two electrified tracked at the station. The 68 km-long stretch from Dhuri station to Lehra Muhabbat station on Bathinda–Rajpura line was completed in July 2020, thereby providing complete electrification on Bathinda–Rajpura line.
Barnala railway station had 5 booking windows and all basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, sheltered area with adequate seating. There was one platforms at the station. and one foot overbridge (FOB).
- "Barnala railway station". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 8 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "How to reach Barnala". Barnala district official website. Retrieved 8 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Barnala Train Station". Total Train Info. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Barnala Trains Schedule and station information". goibibo. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Passenger amenities details of Barnala railway station as on 31/03/2018". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 7 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Northern Railway completes electrification work on 130 km line in Punjab, Haryana". The New Indian Express. 16 July 2020. Retrieved 8 September 2020.