Beas Junction railway station
|Indian Railways – junction|
|Location||Dera Road, Beas, Amritsar district, Punjab|
|Elevation||233 metres (764 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Line(s)||Ambala–Attari line |
Beas–Tarn Taran line
|Tracks||4 nos – Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Disabled access||Wheelchair ramp|
Beas Junction railway station was located in Amritsar district serving the town of Beas, in Punjab, North India. It was under the Firozpur railway division of the Northern Railway Zone of Indian Railways. It bags the award for the cleanest Railway Station in India.
Beas Junction railway station was located at an elevation of 233 metres (764 ft) and was assigned the code – BEAS. As of 2016, 104 trains had stopped at this station. The station was 237 meters above sea level.[when?] Several trains passed through Beas Junction, including the No. 19225 Bhatinda–Jammu Tawi Express and the 18508 Hirakund Express. The closest airport to Beas railway station was Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport (IATA: ATQ, ICAO: VIAR), also known as Raja Sansi Airport, at a distance of 51.08 km (31.74 miles). The next closest airport to the station was Pathankot Airport, at a distance of 85.74 km (53.28 miles).
Beas railway station was situated on double-track electrified line. There were four electrified tracked at the station.
Beas railway station had fourteen booking window and an enquiry office. There were basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, sheltered area with adequate seating. There were two platforms at the station and two foot overbridges (FOB). Charitable trust Integrated Action Trust(INTACT) had awarded this station with Environmental Management System ISO 14001: 2015 Certificate. INTACT also rated the railway station as the cleanest and public friendly one in India. To got this honour there was big hand from volunteers from Radha Soami Satsang Beas, who helped in improvements to the amenities and circulation areas of the railway station.
- Kewat, Vicky. "Beas town of Punjab". indianetzone.com. Baiga.
- "Departures from BEAS/Beas Junction (2 PFs) ਬਿਆਸ ਜੰਕਸ਼ਨ ब्यास जंक्शन". Retrieved 24 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Beas Junction railway station". India Rail Info. Retrieved 9 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Passenger amenities details of Beas Junction railway station". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 9 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Beas Junction Trains Schedule and station information". goibibo. Retrieved 9 September 2020.
- "Residents for sanitation at rly station". The Tribune India. Retrieved 9 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)