Bilaspur Junction railway station
|Regional rail, Light rail & Goods railway|
|Location||Ahead budhwari bazar, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh|
|Elevation||292.300 metres (958.99 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South East Central Railways|
|Line(s)||Howrah–Nagpur–Mumbai line |
|Platforms||9 (6 main line) |
(3 Terminus )
|Connections||Wifi enabled IR station,Zonal Headquarter|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||South East Central Railway zone|
|Division(s)||Bilaspur railway division|
|Previous names||Bengal Nagpur Railway|
The railway station came up in 1889 with the opening of Rajnandgaon to Bilaspur extension of erstwhile Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway taken over by Bengal Nagpur Railway and construction of the Nagpur–Asansol main line of Bengal Nagpur Railway, which opened in 1891. The station building was constructed in 1890. It became a station on the crosscountry Howrah–Nagpur–Mumbai line in 1900.
The Rourkela–Bilaspur section was electrified in 1969–70 while Bilaspur–Nagpur in 1976–77 and Bilaspur–Katni in 1981.
Bilaspur was amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway. as about 340 passenger trains and goods trains passed every day.
- 12441/ Bilaspur Rajdhani Express
- 12130/ Azad Hind Express
- 18237/ Chhattisgarh Express
- 12823/ Chhattisgarh Sampark Kranti Superfast Express
- 12102/ Jnaneswari Express
- 12810/ Howrah–Mumbai Mail
- 12855/ Bilaspur–Itwari Intercity Superfast Express
- 18029/ Shalimar–Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Express
- 22815/ Ernakulam–Bilaspur Express
- 12851/ Bilaspur–Chennai Central Superfast Express
- 22619/ Tirunelveli–Bilaspur Express
For other train details pleased visit Indian Railway web site indianrail.gov.in
Bilaspur Junction railway station had many achievements:
- Bilaspur Junction was third-cleanest railway station and cleanest zonal headquarter railway station of India. (Survey 2015–16)
- Here was fourth-longest railway platform in Bilaspur Junction.
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Archived from the original on 1 April 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- "South East Central Railway". South East Central Railway. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh) travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|South East Central Railway zone||
|South East Central Railway zone|
Katni–Bilaspur branch line