Delhi railway division
Delhi railway division was one of the five railway divisions under Northern Railway zone (NR) of Indian Railways. This railway division was formalised in 1952 and its headquarter was located at Delhi in the state of Delhi. The division was headed by Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), based at DRM Office, State entry Road, near New Delhi Railway Station.
This Division served a number of historical places like Delhi, Panipat, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Meerut, Palwal, Faridabad and industrial cities like Badli, Narela, Sonipat, Panipat, Karnal, Guldhar, Modi Nagar, Partapur, Faridabad, Ballabhgarh, Palwal, Delhi Cantt, Gurgaon etc. Meerut cantt & Delhi cantt were important Military bases of Indian Army.
List of railway stations and towns
|Category of station||No. of stations||Names of stations|
|A-1||4||Delhi Junction, New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Anand Vihar Terminal,|
|A||15||Adarsh Nagar Delhi, Ballabhgarh, Delhi Sarai Rohilla, Delhi Cantonment, Delhi Shahdara Junction, Faridabad, Ghaziabad Junction, Gurgaon, Karnal, Meerut City, Meerut Cantt, Muzaffarnagar, Panipat Junction, Rohtak Junction, Sonipat Junction|
- "Northern Railways / Indian Railways Portal". www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Delhi Railway Division | Railway Station in Delhi Division". www.totaltraininfo.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Northern Railway". www.nr.railnet.gov.in. Archived from the original on 9 June 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Zones and their Divisions in Indian Railways" (PDF). Indian Railways. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Delhi Railway Division". Railway Board. Northern Railway zone. Archived from the original on 19 January 2016. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Statement showing Category-wise No.of stations in IR based on Pass. earning of 2011" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "PASSENGER AMENITIES - CRITERIA= For Categorisation of Stations" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2016.