Dhuri Junction railway station
|Indian Railways junction station|
|Location||Pathsala mohalla, Dhuri, Sangrur district, Punjab|
|Elevation||248 metres (814 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railways|
|Tracks||7 broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Zone(s)||Northern Railway zone|
Dhuri Junction railway station was located in Sangrur district in the state of Punjab in India and served Dhuri city. Dhuri Junction station fell under Ambala railway division of Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
The railway station
Dhuri Junction railway station was located at an elevation of 248 metres (814 ft) and was assigned the station coade DUI. Dhuri station was located on the single track, Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) Ludhiana–Jakhal line where it was originally built in 1905. Later another Bathinda–Rajpura line was added passing through Dhuri creating a junction station. It was well connected to a number of major cities.
Dhuri Junction railway station had electrified lines. Electrification of the Ludhiana to Dhuri line was completed in 2019. The electrification of 62 km long stretch of Dhuri(Punjab)–Jakhal(Haryana) on Ludhiana–Jakhal line was completed and trial ran were successfully carried out in July 2020. The 68 km long stretch from Dhuri station to Lehra Muhabbat station on Bathinda–Rajpura line was also completed in July 2020.
Dhuri Junction railway station had all basic amenities like drinking water with water cooler, public toilets above prescribed norms, retiring room, sheltered area with adequate seating, telephone booth and an ATM. There was one foot overbridge connecting platforms.
- "Passenger amenities details of Dhuri railway station as on 31/03/2018". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 26 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Dhuri Junction railway station". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 26 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Dhuri Junction Train Station". Cleartrip. Retrieved 26 August 2020.
- "Trains passing Dhuri Junction (DUI) Station". NDTV. Retrieved 26 August 2020.
- "Northern Railway completes electrification work on 130 km line in Punjab, Haryana". The New Indian Express. 16 July 2020. Retrieved 27 August 2020.