Faridkot railway station
|Location||Station Rd, Faridkot, Punjab|
|Elevation||204 metres (669 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Faridkot (station code: FDK) was a railway station located in Faridkot district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Faridkot city. Faridkot station fell under Firozpur railway division of Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
The railway station
Faridkot railway station was at an elevation of 204 metres (669 ft) and was assigned the code – FDK. The station was located on the single track, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge Bhatinda–Firozpur railway line. It was well connected to a number of major cities.
The electrification of the single track, 87 km Bhatinda–Firozpur railway sector was sanctioned at a cost of Rs 223.93 crore in September, 2018. The completion of electrification was expected by March 2022
- "Passenger amenities details of Faridkot railway station". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 24 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Faridkot railway station". India Rail Info. Retrieved 24 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "How to reach Faridkot". Faridkot district official website. Retrieved 24 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Faridkot Train Station". Cleartrip. Retrieved 24 August 2020.
- "Trains passing FARIDKOT (FDK) Station". NDTV. Retrieved 24 August 2020.
- "Under-utilised, no plan of doubling Bathinda–Ferozepur rail link". The Tribune India. Retrieved 24 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Faridkot Railway Station Trains Schedule and Station information". goibibo. Retrieved 24 August 2020.