Fatehgarh Sahib railway station
|Location||Station Rd, Opp. Mata Gujri College, Fatehgarh Sahib district, Punjab|
|Elevation||268.07 metres (879.5 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Fatehgarh Sahib (station code: FGSB) was a small railway station located in Fatehgarh Sahib district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Fatehgarh Sahib city which was the administrative headquarter of the district. Fatehgarh Sahib station fell under Ambala railway division of Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
The railway station
Fatehgarh Sahib railway station was located at an elevation of 268.07 metres (879.5 ft). This station was located on the single track, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge, Sirhind–Nangal line. Station was established in 1927 when Sirhind to Nangal line was opened.
Fatehgarh Sahib railway station line was electrified. Sections of Sirhind–Nangal line were completed and energized at various times between 1999 and 2001 and complete line from Sirhind to Nangal was tested and inspected by CRS on 24 April 2001.
Fatehgarh Sahib railway station had two booking windows and all basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, sheltered area with adequate seating. There was one platform at the station.
- "Fatehgarh Sahib railway station". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 5 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Detail of Development Milestones in Roopnagar – Pg 20" (PDF). Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority. Archived (PDF) from the original on 28 January 2018. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- "How to reach Fatehgarh Sahib". Fatehgarh Sahib district official website. Retrieved 5 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Fatehgarh Sahib Train Station". Total Train Info. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- "Fatehgarh Sahib Trains Schedule and station information". goibibo. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- "Passenger amenities details of Fatehgarh Sahib railway station". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 5 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "IR Electrification Chronology up to 31.03.2004". IRFCA. Retrieved 5 September 2020.