Firozpur Cantonment railway station
|Indian Railways junction station|
|Location||Station Road, near Mittal Chowk, Firozpur Cantonment, Punjab|
|Elevation||200 metres (660 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
The railway station
Firozpur Cantonment railway station was at an elevation of 200 metres (660 ft) and was assigned the code – FZR.
The Southern Punjab Railway Co. opened the Delhi–Bhatinda–Samasatta line in 1897. The line passed through Muktasar and Fazilka tehsils and provided direct connection through Samma Satta (now in Pakistan) to Karachi. The extension from the Macleodganj (later renamed Mandi Sadiqganj and now in Pakistan) railway line to Ludhiana was opened by the same company in 1905.
The Firozpur Cantonment-Jalandhar City branch line was opened in 1912.
Firozpur railway division coverred a large area with railway lines under its jurisdiction – covering parts of Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
Following expressed trains originate/terminate at Firozpur Cantt.
|Train No.||Train name||Destination|
|12137 / 12138||Punjab Mail||Mumbai CST|
|13307 / 13308||Ganga Sutlej Express||Dhanbad|
|14625 / 14626||Intercity Express||Delhi Sarai Rohilla|
|19023 / 19024||Janata Express||Mumbai Central|
Fzr-Ndls shatabdi expressed Fzr-Durg antyodya expressed
- "Arrivals at Firozpur". indiarailinfo. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "IR History: Early Days II (1870–1899)". IRFCA. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Chapter VII Communications". Archived from the original on 23 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Punjab District Gazetteers – Kapurthala". Punjab Revenue. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Firzpur Division". Northern Railway. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Northern Railway zone||
|Northern Railway zone||Terminus|
|Terminus||Northern Railway zone||