Hatia railway station
|Indian Railways station|
|Location||Ranchi, Ranchi district, Jharkhand|
|Elevation||657 metres (2,156 ft)|
|Line(s)||Netaji S.C.Bose Gomoh–Hatia main line and Rourkela–Hatia branch line|
|Zone(s)||South Eastern Railway|
Hatia railway station, station code HTE, was the railway station serving the capital city of Ranchi in the Ranchi district in the Indian state of Jharkhand. Hatia Station belonged to the Ranchi division of the South Eastern Railway Zone of the Indian Railways. Hatia railway station was connected to most of the major cities in India by the railway network. It was situated on Ranchi–Rourkela railway section.
Ranchi had trains running frequently to Delhi and Kolkata. The city was a major railway hub and had four major railway stations: Ranchi Junction, Hatia station, Tatisilwai and Namkom. Many important trains started from Ranchi Junction as well.
The major facilities available were waiting rooms, retiring room, computerised reservation facility, reservation counter, vehicle parking, etc. The vehicles were allowed to enterred the station premises. There were refreshment rooms vegetarian and non vegetarian, tea stall, book stall, post and telegraphic office. Security personnel from the Government Railway police (G.R.P) and Railway Protection Force (RPF) were present for security. The Railway medical unit providing health facilities was located near Hatia Station. Hatia Station was located closed to the bus terminal and domestic airport providing transport to important destinations of Jharkhand.
The three platforms were interconnected with foot overbridges (FOB).
Hatia was a major railway station in Ranchi division of the South Eastern Railway and a terminal station for several trains. Several electrified as well as diesel local, M/E, SF, GR passenger trains also ran from Hatia / Ranchi to different destinations of the country on frequent intervals.
The nearest airports to Hatia Station were:
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 1 kilometre (0.62 mi)
- Gaya Airport, Gaya 183 kilometres (114 mi)
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 285 kilometres (177 mi)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata 368 kilometres (229 mi)
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "RANCHI DIVISION AT A GLANCE". South Eastern Railway. Archived from the original on 30 May 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Gangrape near Hatia station -Sisters help cops identify, nab 4". The Telegraph (Calcutta). 16 April 2010. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Trains at Hatia Station". India Rail Info. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Hatia Railway Station Details". indiantrains.org. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Ranchi.|