Kapurthala railway station
|Location||Station Rd, Ashok Vihar, Kapurthala, Punjab|
|Elevation||230 metres (750 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Kapurthala (station code: KXH) was a railway station located in Kapurthala district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Kapurthala city. Kapurthala station was managed by Firozpur railway division of Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
The railway station
Kapurthala railway station was at an elevation of 230 metres (750 ft) and was assigned the code – KXH. The station was located on the single track, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge Jalandhar–Firozpur line. It was well connected to a number of major cities.
Currently the trains coming to Kapurthala were powered by diesel locomotives although electrification of the track was in pipeline.
Kapurthala railway station had computerized reservation counters, and all basic amenities. one ATM was available at the station,
- "Passenger amenities details of Kapurthala railway station as on 31/03/2018". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 29 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kapurthala railway station". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 29 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "How to reach Kapurthala". Kapurthala district official website. Retrieved 29 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kapurthala Train Station". Cleartrip. Retrieved 29 August 2020.
- "Trains passing Kapurthala Station". NDTV. Retrieved 29 August 2020.
- "Electrification of rly tracks in the pipeline". The Tribune India newspaper online. Retrieved 29 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)