Nawanshahr Doaba Junction railway station
|Location||Station Rd, Nawanshahr, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar district, Punjab|
|Elevation||256.3 metres (841 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Line(s)||Phagwara–Nawanshahar line |
|Tracks||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Nawanshahr Doaba Junction (station code: NSS) was a small railway station located in Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Nawanshahr city which was the administrative headquarter of the district. Nawanshahr Doaba station fell under Firozpur railway division of Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
The railway station
Nawanshahr Doaba Junction railway station had low-frequency trains and connected mainly with Jalandhar City Junction railway station. It was located at an elevation of 256.3 metres (841 ft). This station was located on the single track, [[[5 ft 6 in gauge railway|5 ft 6 in]] (1,676 mm) broad gauge, Phagwara–Nawanshahar line. From Nawanshahr Doaba Junction two more lines branch out, the Nawanshahar-Jaijon line and Nawanshahar-Rahon line.
Nawanshahr Doaba Junction railway station tracked and line were not electrified.
Nawanshahr Doaba railway station had one booking window and all basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, sheltered area with adequate seating. There was one platform at the station.
- "Tarn Taran railway station". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 4 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "How to reach Nawanshahr". Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar district official website. Retrieved 4 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nawanshahr Doaba Train Station". Total Train Info. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- "Nawanshahr Doaba Junction Trains Schedule and station information". goibibo. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- "Passenger amenities details of Nawanshahr Doaba railway station". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 4 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)