Nellore railway station
|Commuter, Inter-city and Regional rail station|
|Location||Railway Station Road, Santhapet, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Indian Railways|
|Tracks||8 broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground)|
|Classification||Non-Suburban Grade-3 (NSG-3)|
Nellore railway station (station code:NLR) was a railway station of the city of Nellore in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It was situated on Vijayawada–Gudur section and was administered under Vijayawada railway division of South Coast Railway zone (formerly South Central Railway zone).
In terms of earnings and outward passengers handled, Nellore was categorized as a Non-Suburban Grade-3 (NSG-3) railway station. Based on the re–categorization of Indian Railway stations for the period of 2017–18 and 2022–23, an NSG–3 category station earned between ₹20–₹100 crore and handled 5–10 million passengers. It had been selected for the Adarsh Station Scheme, a scheme for upgradation of stations by the Indian Railways.
Structure and amenities
Nellore railway station was having escalators on 4 platforms. SCR recently installed Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVM)s in Nellore station. It was amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway. Daily 140 trains, including 132 expressed trains and 6 passenger trains and 2 EMU/DMU were passing through this station. Nellore railway station was ranked as the 28th cleanest railway station in the country. The Railways ministry had announced that the Nellore Railway station will be modified with world class amenities and its looked will be beautified under the ambitious project of "Redevelopment of Railway stations" with Rs 100 crores.
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. 2015. p. 46. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Statement showing Category-wise No.of stations" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. 28 January 2016. p. 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "IR History:Early days II". 1870–1899. IRFCA. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Stations – Category-wise (NEW)". Portal of Indian Railways. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Categorization of Railway Stations". Press Information Bureau. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Adarsh Railway Station Scheme". Press Information Bureau. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "Adarsh Stations" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "Escalators, lifts at 14 stations". The New Indian Express. 24 December 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "SCR introduces mobile paper ticketing facility in 38 stations".
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Station: Nellore". South Coast Railway – Indian Railways. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Cleanliness derails at AP railway stations". The Times of India. 30 July 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Ujwal, Bommakanti (15 February 2019). "Nellore railway station: Andhra Pradesh: Nellore railway station to be revamped with Rs 100 crore | Vijayawada News". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 February 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nellore railway station.|
Nellore travel guide from Wikivoyage