New Morinda Junction railway station
|Indian Railways junction station|
|Location||Station Rd, Morinda, Rupnagar, Punjab|
|Elevation||279 metres (915 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Line(s)||Sirhind–Daulatpur Chowk line |
|Tracks||3 nos 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Disabled access||Wheelchair ramp |
|2018||137 per day|
New Morinda Junction (station code: NMDA) was located in Rupnagar district in the Indian state of Punjab and served primarily as a junction point to switch trains for passengers. It was located about 2 km from Morinda town center on the outskirts of town. The town was served by older Morinda Junction railway station. New Morinda station fell under Ambala railway division under Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways. Morinda town was the administrative headquarter of Morinda Tehsil in Rupnagar district.
New Morinda railway station was located at an elevation of 279 metres (915 ft). This station was located on the single track, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge, Sirhind–Daulatpur Chowk line and Chandigarh–Sahnewal–Ludhiana line. This station was established as junction point when Chandigarh–Sahnewal line was envisaged to provided direct railway connectivity from capital city Chandigarh to Punjab.
New Morinda railway station had three electrified tracked and both lines of this junction were single-track electrified lines.
New Morinda railway station had 2 booking windows and no enquiry office. Station was classified under the lowest NSG6 category and had only basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, sheltered area with adequate seating. Wheelchair availability was also there for disabled persons. There were two platforms at the station and one foot overbridge (FOB).
- "New Morinda railway station". India Rail Info. Retrieved 26 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Administrative setup of Rupnagar district". Rupnagar district official website. Retrieved 26 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "New Morinda Train Station". Total Train Info. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Trains passing Kotkapura Station". NDTV. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Chandigarh–Ludhiana rail track opens". The Indian Express. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Passenger amenities details of New Morinda railway station as on 31/03/2018". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 25 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)