Rajpura Junction railway station
|Indian Railways junction station|
|Location||Station Rd., Rajpura, Patiala, Punjab|
|Elevation||269 metres (883 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Line(s)||Ambala–Attari line |
|Tracks||6 nos Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Disabled access||Wheelchair available|
|2018||5445 per day|
Rajpura Junction railway station(station code: RPJ) was a railway station serving Rajpura city in Patiala district, Punjab, India. Rajpura was the administrative headquarter of Rajpura subdivision of Patiala district. This station was under the Ambala railway division of the Northern Railway Zone of Indian Railways. This station was categorized in Non-Suburban Group as category NSG4 station by Indian Railways.
Rajpura Junction railway station was located at an elevation of 269.21 metres (883.2 ft) above sea level. This station was located on the double track, broad-gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in), Ambala–Sirhind section of Ambala–Attari line and single track BG Bathinda–Rajpura line.
As of 2016, electrification of the single broad-gauge railway line was in progress. The electrification trail between Rajpura and Dhuri was completed on 10 September 2019. The 68 km-long stretch from Dhuri station to Lehra Muhabbat station near Bathinda on Bathinda–Rajpura line was completed in July 2020 after clearance by Commission of Railway Safety(CRS).
It was a junction point, with Patiala (PTA), Dhuri Junction (DUI) and Sri Ganganagar (SGNR) on the branch line and Ambala Cantonment (UMB), Sirhind (SIR) and Ludhiana Junction (LDH) on the main line.
Rajpura railway station had 10 booking windows and one enquiry office. The station had all basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, waiting hall, sheltered area with adequate seating on platforms. The station had footfall of 5445 persons per day in 2018. Wheelchair availability was there for disabled persons. There were three platforms at the station and two foot overbridge connecting platforms.
- "Patiala district administrative subdivisions". Patiala district official website. Retrieved 23 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Departures from PTA/Rajpura Junction (3 PFs)". Retrieved 25 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Rajpura Junction". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "Passenger amenities details of Rajpura railway station as on 31/03/2018". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 23 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Rajpura Train Station". Total Train Info. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "Rajpura Junction Trains Schedule and station information". goibibo. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "Inauguration of Dhuri–Rajpura rail track electrification completion". Dainik Jagran newspaper online (in Hindi). 10 September 2019. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "Northern Railway completes electrification work on 130 km line in Punjab, Haryana". The New Indian Express. 16 July 2020. Retrieved 23 October 2020.