Sahnewal railway station
|Indian Railways junction station|
|Location||Ludhiana–Ambala Road, Sahnewal, Punjab|
|Elevation||260 metres (850 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||8 nos Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|2018||319 per day|
Sahnewal Junction railway station was located in Ludhiana district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Sahnewal. Sahnewal station fell under Firozpur railway division under Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
The railway station
Sahnewal railway station was at an elevation of 260 metres (850 ft) and was assigned the code – SNL.
The Sahnewal–Chandigarh rail link (also referred to as Ludhiana–Chandigarh rail link) was inaugurated in 2013.
Sanehwal Junction railway station had 1 booking window and no enquiry office. Station was classified under the lowest NSG6 category and had only basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, sheltered area with adequate seating. Wheelchair availability was not there for disabled persons. There were three platforms at the station and one foot overbridge (FOB).
- "Passenger amenities details of Sahnewal Junction railway station as on 31/03/2018". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 17 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sanehwal". indiarailinfo. Retrieved 20 February 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "IR History: Early Days II (1870–1899)". IRFCA. Retrieved 20 February 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- R.P. Saxena. "Indian Railway History timeline". IRFCA. Archived from the original on 14 July 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "New Rail Link". The Tribune. 19 April 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 20 February 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Northern Railway zone||
|Northern Railway zone||Terminus|