Sangat railway station
|Location||Station Rd., Sangat, Bathinda, Punjab|
|Elevation||203 metres (666 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||North Western|
|Tracks||3 nos 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Disabled access||Wheelchair cum pedestrian ramp|
|2018||228 per day|
Sangat (station code: SGF) was located in Bathinda district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Sangat town and nearby villages. Sangat mandi was a commercial hub for agricultural produced in the area. Sangat station fell under Bikaner railway division of North Western Railway zone of Indian Railways.
Sangat railway station was located at an elevation of 203.116 metres (666.39 ft). This station was located on the single track, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge, Jodhpur–Bathinda line which was established in 1902.
Sangat railway station was situated on single track electrified Suratgarh–Bathinda line. It was reported in February 2020 that the electrification of the single track BG Suratgarh–Bathinda line was in progress. The station photographs show three electrified tracked.
Sangat railway station had 1 booking windows, no enquiry office and just very basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, sheltered area with adequate seating etc. The station had small footfall of 228 persons per day in 2018. wheelchair availability was not there for disabled persons. There were two platforms at the station but no foot overbridge (FOB).
- "Sangat railway station". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 20 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sangat Train Station". Total Train Info. Retrieved 20 October 2020.
- "Sangat Trains Schedule and station information". goibibo. Retrieved 20 October 2020.
- "Passenger amenities details of Sangat railway station as on 31/03/2018". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 20 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sangat railway station". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 20 October 2020.
- "Electrification of Hisar–Bathinda and Suratgarh–Bathinda lines" (in Hindi). Dainik Jagran newspaper online. Retrieved 20 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)