Sangrur railway station
|Location||Station Rd, Sangrur, Sangrur district, Punjab|
|Elevation||239 metres (784 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Sangrur (station code: SAGGed) was a railway station located in Sangrur district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Sangrur city. Sangrur station fell under Ambala railway division of Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
The railway station
Sangrur railway station was at an elevation of 239 metres (784 ft) and was assigned the station code – SAGGed. This station was located on the single track, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge, Ludhiana–Jakhal line. It was well connected to a number of major cities.
Sangrur railway station tracked electrification was completed in year 2020. The electrification of 62 km long stretch of Dhuri–Jakhal on Ludhiana–Jakhal line was completed and trial ran were successfully carried out in July 2020. The station was located between Dhuri and Jakhal stations.
Sangrur railway station had computerized reservation counters, and all basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, retiring room, sheltered area with adequate seating and an ATM. There was one foot overbridge connecting platforms.
- "Sangrur railway station". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 28 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "How to reach Sangrur". Sangrur district official website. Retrieved 28 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sangrur Train Station". goibibo. Retrieved 28 August 2020.
- "Trains passing Sangrur (SAG) Station". NDTV. Retrieved 28 August 2020.
- "Northern Railway completes electrification work on 130 km line in Punjab, Haryana". The New Indian Express. 16 July 2020. Retrieved 28 August 2020.
- "Passenger amenities details of Sangrur railway station". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 28 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)