Verka Junction railway station
|Indian Railways junction station|
|Location||Station Rd., Verka, Amritsar, Punjab|
|Elevation||233 metres (764 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Line(s)||Amritsar–Pathankot line |
Verka–Dera Baba Nanak line
|Tracks||3 nos 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Electrified||No (In progress)|
|2018||1343 per day|
Verka Junction (station code: VKA) was located in Amritsar district in the Indian state of Punjab and served Verka town, which was a suburb of Amritsar city. Verka station fell under Firozpur railway division of Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways.
Verka Junction railway station was located at an elevation of 233 metres (764 ft). This station was located on the single track, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge, Amritsar–Pathankot line which was established in 1884. Verka station was also the junction and origin station for single track Verka–Dera Baba Nanak line.
Verka railway station was situated on single track DMU Amritsar–Pathankot line and single track DMU Verka–Dera Baba Nanak line. It was reported in April 2019 that the electrification of the single track BG Amritsar–Pathankot line had commenced and the survey for electrification of Verka–Dera Baba Nanak line had started.
Verka railway station had 1 booking windows, no enquiry office and just very basic amenities like drinking water, public toilets, sheltered area with adequate seating etc. The station had small footfall of 1343 persons per day in 2018 and wheelchair availability was not there for disabled persons. There were two platforms at the station but no foot overbridge (FOB).
- "Verka railway station". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Chapter VII Gurdaspur gazzette". Archived from the original on 10 April 2009. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Verka Train Station". Total Train Info. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Verka Junction Trains Schedule and station information". goibibo. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Passenger amenities details of Verka railway station as on 31/03/2018". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Verka Junction". Rail Drishti. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Electrification begins on Pathankot rail track". The Tribune India newspaper online. Retrieved 10 October 2020.